Tuesday 4 August 2009

A Day in my Paws

I don't think humans fully appreciate how busy a dog can get each day. They only remember the fun part: napping, eating, playing...but my life involves much more than that! The house would fall apart if I only do those 3 things all day. Quick run down on my typical day.

5:30am - Getting the garden ready for my humans. (see I am even awake before them!) I group my toys together in the garden and sit by the door waiting for them to wake up. Sometimes they need a bit of a push (wouldn't want them to be late for work), so I may bark a little to wake them up.

6:15am - The first human comes downstairs and opens the door followed quickly by the other 2. They usually look a bit groggy so I try to make the experience fun for them by jumping at them. This sometimes illicit a response. If I get none, then I know I have my work cut out for me so I need to work extra hard by running into the house to quicken their pulse a little. That usually works. Everybody should start their morning with a jump, it puts you in the right mood to start the day.

6:30am - The 2 humans get in the car for work. I do my bit to bid them farewell by sitting at the porch. I make sure that the gates close properly before attending to the other human.

7am - Join mum for her daily chi-kong exercise. This seems to involve a lot of hand movements which looks a bit boring. I try to brighten it up by running between her legs.

7:15am - My human wakes up and plays with me for a bit. We get my leash on and I start on my morning jog with her.

8am - Back from the jog, my human goes through my paws and legs to pick out any red ants that have hitched a ride with me. I have a run around the garden while she cleans up my poop. I try to tell her that we should leave the poos where they are as it is good for the garden but it has fallen on deaf ears. Sigh...nobody takes you seriously if you have a tail.

8:15am (yes there are a few poops to clean up!) - My human feeds me. She is a bit slow at this, so I do my Sit and Stay until she tells me my food is ready. It normally takes a while for me to finish my meal, I feel it is rude to leave my human hanging, so I try to keep her entertain. When she tires out and goes in the house, I finish my meal. They forget how thoughtful I am.

Waiting patiently for my breakfast

9am -12pm - The early start in the morning starts to catch up with me and I start to feel very tired, so I nap for a while after a quick patrol around the house. The morning are filled mostly with napping and patrolling. If the weather permits, I do a bit of gardening (see 1st point in this entry)

12pm - 1pm - My human sits with me and we go through the morning events. This mainly involves her picking up and undoing all my attempts to decorate the garden.

Relaxing by the kitchen spending time with my human

1pm - 5pm - More napping, barking at random things (see my entry here). I also spend some time cleaning my teeth by chewing my bone. Everybody likes to have pearly white teeth and I am no exception. Being cute actually takes some work!

Cleaning my teeth

5pm - 6:45pm - Follow the humans who are pottering around the garden. More poop cleaning done and I follow them around while they water the garden. I need to make sure the job is done properly - this is the one thing I can't help with so the least I can do is inspect.

6:45pm - 7:30 pm - Follow my human on her walk around the neighbourhood. I need to make sure she is exercising properly...all day spent sat in front of the PC isn't good for one's health.

7:30pm - 7:45pm - We run around the garden playing catch and I do some tricks to entertain her.

7:45pm - Dinner time!

Scoffing down my dinner

8pm - Sit next to the dining area making sure my humans finish their meal.

8:30pm - 10pm - Quality time with my other human. She tells me about her day at work and I tell her about mine. She should have someone to talk to about work - best get the daily stress off your chest.

11pm - My humans come say good night to me. Finally some quality alone time to ponder on things I have done today and making up my to do list for tomorrow.

12am - 5am - Making sure nobody or anything for that matter stands outside the house. I scare them away with my ferocious bark - normally works. But nothing much happens during this time, so I normally sleep in preparation for another busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment