Tuesday 11 August 2009

6 week Progress Report


Hi-dy-ho!

I know, I know...blog updates in the last week or so have been at a slower rate. Life is busy for a dog like me. So many things to do and needy humans to pacify.

Anyways, much has progressed in the last 6 weeks:

Collar
I was given a collar 5 days into my new home and some thought it was too big for me. Well, 6 weeks on and they have had to move the collar up a notch! Whilst some will attribute this to a fat neck I see this as a growth spurt. Unfortunately, there is now less slack on the collar, so what was once my portable chew toy (I used to chew on the slack) AND collar...there is now just a singular use for it. Its' sole purpose now is to allow my humans to hold me back when I'm about to give some serious barking to someone outside the house.

The other dog
I've gotten used to this "other" dog that I suspect my humans have around the house. She only ever shows up near the sliding doors and used to annoy me by following my every movement. But she is quite a looker and we have come to an agreement to tolerate each other.

Ooh...other dog. I know you are inside, I can see you!

Does anyone else see this other dog in the door?

Getting inside the house
The biggest progress in the last 6 weeks has to be this. I'm now allowed inside the house. Ever so slightly though. I started by sitting on my humans' lap when they are there and spending a good half an hour with them - getting them used to the notion of me being indoors. In the last couple of days, I've struck up the courage to enter the house and lie just by the side of the door (easy access out if someone doesn't agree!). They seem amenable to this arrangement...by this rate, I should be indoors and sleeping in their rooms in 3 months! *keeping my paws crossed*


This is me on the mission to get my humans used to me being indoors

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment