Monday 27 July 2009

Alert Dog


Hello! A Good Tuesday to you...

Much has been said by my humans of my barking. I may be small but my bark does pack a punch and it sounds very guttural. I guess this is to be expected, I do afterall have German blood running through my veins (some humans have likened me to a minature German Shepherd).

An awful lot happens outside the house sometimes and I really do feel that the humans need to be aware of all these activities taking place. As my paws do not lend themselves well to mobile phones, I have taken to barking to alert them of these activities. I mean, if there is a car that stops 3 houses away from me, I'd want to know! If a cat is anywhere near my house, I'd like to be the first to greet it! I also can't stand it when some birds walk around outside of the house, I'm not quite sure why I am so highly strung sometimes.

I'm actually in the mid-yawn here,
but this is the closest picture I can find of myself close to barking

A man came last evening to deliver a package and I was the first to notice. I did my part and started barking. Didn't like the look of this fella, so I did my extra special growl. It is a good thing my human held me back, else serious damage could have been done to this man. I was planning on launching a covert operation by barking from the inside of the drain. This plan is great from 2 aspects:
1) In the cover of the drain, said man would not know where the threat is coming from
2) My bark sounds that much more threatening with the help of the drain - I can't help being a little dog with a big dog's bark

I think the humans keep another dog indoors away from me. I often catch a glimpse of this dog when I am stood outside the sliding door. It appears to be the same size as me and the cheeky thing has the gall to follow my every movement. I've tried to alert my humans to this, but they seem to take great amusement when I bark at this imposter. As of late, this imposter has taken to appearing in my water bowl! I've tried to get rid of her by clawing furiously into the water and that seems to do the trick. We'll see if that haughty missy will be back!

Please let me in! I know you have a dog inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment