Sunday 9 August 2009

The Curious Case of Dopey Ears

Much was said about my dopey right ear when I first arrived at my humans' a month and a bit ago. There were speculations on why my ear was the way it was. Some thought that there wasn't a chance it would stand up again, others thought I look cuter this way, some prefer to have both my ears to stand up but overall it added a certain character to the way I look. Everybody had an opnion, either way, I didn't care very much about it as that is just who I am.

Me, 4 weeks ago

One afternoon 2 weeks ago, my right ear suddenly decided that it had enough and stood up. I can't explain it (I am a dog remember?) but there was much hoo-ha over this development. The world did look different with both ears erect and I got used to the range of movements I can make with them both.

Me, 2 weeks ago

2 days ago, I notice my left ear getting progressively floppy when I ran around the garden. I didn't give it much thought but yesterday afternoon my left ear decided that it was too tired and as sudden as my right ear starting to stand erect, the left has decided to flop. Over the last day, this ear has been doing a relay of sorts, it stands up for a few hours, flops for a few hours than the whole cycle repeats itself.


Me, this morning, practising to be a lap dog

My humans have been making a big deal out of this, but it is still life as usual for me. Who knows what both ears will decide to do next! I've regained some sort of notoriety with my magic ears, but I have to admit, this is a certainly a curious case of dopey ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment