Wednesday 29 July 2009

5 Things I've Learnt


Me and my human, why is she getting in the shot?? This is MY blog!

5 Things I've learnt in the last 3 weeks:

1) There is a world beyond the garden and house
Every so often, my humans leave the garden by passing through this doorway. I've only ever been out with them once when they set out on foot and the world beyond that doorway is amazing! A myriad of smells and sights. I even came across a particularly ferocious dog but I think he was just jealous because I was out and he was stuck in his garden. I'm told that I will be taken out more often after my vaccination program is done (hence the visit to Uncle Dom on Sunday). I can't wait to be out again!

2) I love Gardening
One of my humans spends quite a bit of time pottering around in the garden. I try to help when I can by digging holes for plants, trimming the flowers, rearranging the decorative stones and of course fertilising the garden. ;-) They appreciate all the help I do by shouting and waving their arms at me. I do love the attention. Although I found it as a chore in the beginning, I can't let my humans down and I now actually enjoy gardening.

Relaxing after a long day working on the garden

3) Running is good for you
I spend my evenings running around the garden with my human. We play catch and hide 'n seek. I normally hide behind the plants in the garden waiting for her to find me. I usually hide behind the same few plants each evening. We have been at this for 3 weeks now and she makes such a big fuss everytime she finds me. I don't have to heart to hide elsewhere as she might find the game a bit too difficult then. I must be getting stronger as my limp is now gone and I run and walk around like a normal puppy.

Notice how the background is in the blur? Things are moving fast!

4) Chewing is good for the teeth
My human bought me a chew toy shaped like a bone last weekend. She says it is good for my teeth as it helps clean them when I chew. I decided to test this theory on other things in the garden that are chewable. Things I've chewed on thus far are: plastic flower pots, slippers, my crate, door frame, my old water bowl, newspaper, flowers, the garden hose, bits of sticks used to prop up plants in the garden (see entry 1 above) and I have to conclude that none of these things work as well as the bone shaped chew toy. However, to ensure that I have come up with the right conclusion I will be widening my search by chewing everything in sight.

5) The Candy Store
My treats and leash are kept in a room which I suppose is to me like what a candy store is to human kids. My things are kept in a shoe box that sits in a small corner of a shelf within a room full of shelves filled with SHOES. Shoes of all different shapes, sizes and colours (some say dogs are colour blind, but if that is the case, why are all our toys multi coloured?). I am sometimes allowed in the room and I try to play it cool...but the smells and the shoes does something to me. I can only extrapolate from having my treats kept in there that the shoes are also my treats. Only given out when I've done the SIT, DOWN, ROLL OVER in record time.

Me and my favourite chew toy...if we are colour blind, why did they make this toy green?

No time to write, I've got to go practise my tricks to get my treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment