Tuesday 25 August 2009

My Toys


My toys and me

I am a very easily impressed dog, it doesn't take much to catch my attention and I'm pretty happy playing with anything, be it an old straw, bits of string, dried leaves, insects, shoes (my guilty pleasure), newspapers or anything I pick up from my walks. However, my humans insist on buying things that they classify as "Vicky's" (it took me a while but I now realise No! isn't my name afterall!) and the least I can do is show interest in these toys.

My very first toy - shaped like a cat!

The green chew toy was my very first toy. My human got it for me 3 days after bringing me home. I guess she thought I should redirect my energy from slippers to this toy. It is soft, plush, shaped like a cat and when stretched end to end, it is almost as tall me. It is great for playing tug of war with and still remains one of my favourite worldly belongings (worth noting that I do not have many belongings).

My bone which seems to have gone missing now...

Not long after that my humans realised that I've been chewing on hard surfaces, which probably led them to buy me this bone. They say it is good for my teeth as it is suppose to have some teeth cleaning magic, I can't be sure if that works but I really like this one. I especially like chewing the bone while I dangle it off the edge of the bench. This is me living life dangerously. Unfortunately I was a bit too keen on the bone and wore it out 2 weeks after I got it. Apparently the bone was made for the occasional chewer and I guess I am classifed under tough chewer.

New drumstick shaped bone which smells like chicken flavoured Twisties

Which led to a switcheroo my human did - my old bone has been replaced by this new one which is shaped like a drumstick. I was told that it will take a while to get through this one, and boy are they right. It is much heavier and smells slightly of chicken flavoured crisps. I find this a bit harder to chew on as the shape doesn't lend itself well to my paws, it is a bit more difficult to get the right grip. The regular shaped bone toy works better for this as it gives better grip between the paws. It took me a while to get used to, but with the absence of my old bone, I've been taking a good care of this one.

Lastly, 2 balls (1 blue and the other orange) have recently made an appearance. They are awfully bouncy and I tend to bounce with them. I can't seem to resist chasing them (must be the dog in me) but my humans do not leave these balls out for me to play with. Something about the balls needing to be higher value toys to be used for this game they call Fetch. Don't quite get the concept, they throw the ball which I promptly chase after and catch. Then they do something strange here....they try to entice me over to them using the other ball. This confuses me a little, I only have one mouth and it isn't big enough to hold TWO balls - though that doesn't stop me from trying. When I release the ball, they pet me on the head and throw it again! Why would they do that? Why take it from me only to throw it out again? I just don't humans...

All the money and time spent on my toys and I am actually perfectly contented to play with bits of twigs found in the garden or on my walks. But the humans seem to enjoy playing with these toys so I guess I best keep them entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment