Monday 27 July 2009

Visit to the Vet


Stop talking amongst yourselves and play with me!

Yesterday marked my 2nd visit to the vet. My humans and I bundled up in the car and I brought my favourite chew toy along with me for the ride. These car rides can get quite boring, I don't really enjoy watching the world pass by, so I took a short nap.

We got to the vet's, who also happens to be my Uncle Dom quite quickly - must be the Sunday traffic or lack thereof (for a dog, I'm quite well informed about these things).

This visit was much more enjoyable than my first when I had coughing fits. Everybody made a big fuss of me when I was put on the table, so I decided to repay their kindness by licking the surface clean. You see the world with a different set of eyes when you do a taste test!

Uncle Dom gave me a tablet of some sort which I devoured...afterall it is rude not to accept gifts. Somebody mentioned something about needles, but I didn't feel a thing. I think it was for one of the humans.

I spent the rest of the visit exploring the clinic and making sure the humans have someone to coo over (that will be me). I also came across what I think is a cat, it is hard to tell as it seems like a large mass of something. It did hiss at me so I assume it is a cat. I was happy to play with it but it didn't want to have anything to do with me. No worries, I don't hold grudges, life is too short for that. You should dispense of bad energy as poos. That explains all the poos I leave in the garden, it is the only way I can keep happy and sane in this dog eat dog world.

The hissy cat...my humans insisted on coo-ing at it

Several puppies and a kitten dropped by the clinic while I was there but I wasn't allowed near any of them. 1 puppy in particular seemed quite panicked when it came in, all rigid and yelp-y. It startled me for a bit as Uncle Dom's place seems like a haven for us four legged creatures...I was even allowed to explore the entire place without someone screaming my name "NO!" for attention. (some humans are quite the attention grabber) The puppy left after a while, still all worried looking and rigid. I wonder if he has heard of the bad energy-poo philosophy, he seems in need of it.

Got a bit bored when the humans started chatting amongst themselves and after a long morning of exploring, I took a short nap at the clinic. I love naps, they are right up there next to eating and playing!

We left after a few hours and got home just in time for lunch and another quick nap before my afternoon of play and fun starts.

Vet visits aren't that bad, I wonder what all the fuss is about

No comments:

Post a Comment