Tuesday 17 July 2012

Top 5: Heroes and Sidekicks


As the saying goes, No Man is an Island. This also rings true for dogs which live in packs and for the last 3 years I've been the only dog in my pack. The addition of Pepper has elevated my ranking in the pack. Upon assuming the role of (kick ass - I mean this literally) mentor to her, I've decided to reflect on my Top 5 Super Heroes and their Sidekicks. Because let's face it, at one time or another, an extra pair of hands (or 2 extra pair of paws!) comes in handy.

5) Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee
Imagine how scenic their photo montage must be! Hobbiton, Rivendell, Lothlorien.
Sure Mordor and the Mines of Moria are a bit dour but it's like driving through South Central
to get to Santa Monica - a bonding experience that gives Samwise more chance

to be all protective (in a creepy stalker-ish way) to Frodo
4) Lone Ranger and Tonto
I've always wondered why Lone Ranger had a sidekick.
I mean, his name insinuates that he should be keeping the wild west safe by his LONE-some self.
Maybe his humans made him adopt Tonto...I feel you man, I really do
3) Captain Kirk and Spock
I'd have thought that In a future where we have Universal Translators,
Transporters and Replicators we'd be able to do away with sidekicks.
But Captain Kirk would be lost without Spock. Humans...ever so needy!
2) Han Solo and Chewbacca
I've always had a soft spot for Chewbacca. Misunderstood and a shadow to
Han Solo when he is clearly the brains behind the operation.
Plus he is just so dreamy, that luxurious fur and gorgeous colouring.
I think my coat quite complements his!
1) Batman and Robin
I've always wondered why Batman dressed Robin up in a
red top and green short shorts.Surely this gives him away when they are
trying to blend into the night fighting crime!
I suppose since Robins come and go Batman must have thought he
is easy enough to replace. 
And now:
Vicky and Pepper. The latest super hero and sidekick in Bukit Jelutong.
And like Batman, I think all sidekicks are replaceable (I'm talking to YOU Pepper!)


No comments:

Post a Comment