Tuesday 19 October 2010

Maintaining My Figure

During my recent visit to the vet, my humans (who were concerned about the weight I've put on, especially around my chest) asked if my weight gain is within the realms of normality. After checking my teeth...

...and my general health, I'm glad to say that my doctor, Uncle Dom, gave me a clean bill of health and even said that I have the ideal dog body condition as shown in the image below from the Iams website! So, in case you are a bit slow, this means that I have the equivalent of a 36-24-36 body type in a human. I can smell pageants Dog Shows and Blue Ribbons in the horizon!



Obviously maintaining this body is no mean feat and I, like Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow before me, have yoga to thank. I practise yoga multiple times each day. It is all part of my balance lifestyle and I like to think that it is us dogs who gave humans the inspiration for some of the yoga poses. Why else would they name the pose below the Downward Facing Dog?


And this is how it should be done.


And another picture, this time a full body shot so that you can appreciate the intricacies of this pose.


There are a few other poses which haven't made it into the yoga books for humans. Frankly I don't blame you lot, humans can hardly be called graceful creatures and some of these poses might prove to be too difficult for your dangly limbs. I've included a sample of some of the yoga poses I do on a daily basis, to help you attain the figure of your dreams.

 Pose 1: The Head Prop 

Pose 2: Ooh That Feels Good 


Pose 3: Downward Facing Head Prop (a variation of the Head Prop, not for the faint hearted)

It has taken me a year and a half to perfect these poses, so don't feel disheartened if they do not come to you easy. Remember that yoga should be practised as part of a healthy lifestyle which includes a balance diet, proper hydration and a calm mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment